Saturday, January 1, 2011

Knockin' out the New Year

Or at least a tooth on New Years!
Ashley's mouth has a strong attachment to her teeth and will not let them out. If you remember the story of the first tooth she lost you know what I mean. Well this first one on the top was not letting go for anything. Everyday she let me wiggle push and pull. She was such a good sport and not afraid at all since she had experienced it before. I could put my fingernail inbetween the tooth and her gums and pull at it but it just would not let go on one side. It looked like she was a homeless person missing a tooth because there was a big gap that had spread I guess from the other tooth trying to grow already.
I don't know what really happened but she came screaming to me with blood just pouring out of her mouth. She couldn't talk because she didn't like the taste of the blood. So she was leaning forward letting the blood just flow out while trying to tell me the story with her tongue way in the back of her mouth. It was entertaining. She just kept saying "Carter" gasp spit cry "Carter" gasp spit cry. Initially I said excitedly "Did he knock your tooth out?!" Then I thought, there sure is alot of blood I hope nothing more happened and I just made of joke of her pain. Depsite the amount of blood that kept coming for about 45 minutes it was just the tooth and I was able to pull it right out. Thank you Carter for bonking your head into Ashley's face.
Sadly she still looks homeless because the other front tooth is still there (although a little loser now, thanks to Carter) and bigger than all the others so it just stands way out there. What a fun stage to be losing your teeth and getting to look so funny.
After the bleeding and swelling of her gums improved we finally got a smile out of her.

No comments: