Both Ashley and Brooke had their school Christmas program the same night at the same time. So we decided Gary would go to Ashley's and I would go to Brooke's. Then Ashley said she didn't want to go to hers and wanted to go watch Brooke instead. She said that she didn't like standing there so long because it made her feet hurt and she doesn't like singing anyway. I was so sad because even though I was going to miss it Gary was going to video tape it so I could still see it. But she really didn't want to do it so I didn't force her and the whole family went to Brooke's. During the program Ashley turns to me and says "It is so much funner watching Brooke then singing in my own." So I guess it's ok that we missed it.
But oh man!!! The struggle we had to get Brooke dressed and to the school for hers had me questioning whether we should have gone to anyone's progam!! You just never know what you are going to get from that girl.
She walked in the room good and smiled a shy smile as she passed us. Then when she took her seat she returned to her pouting. By the time they went on stage she was fine and even sang along a few times. Of course during the songs she swuung in and out of her many moods which made it a little entertaining. That girl.
The lighting is horrible in there so this is the best picture I have. She is in the center row right in the middle. Josh is in the front row with a red shirt. When the program was over she was all smiles and had a good time.
Josh Mrs. Provencher Brooke and Mrs. Gibbons
Kids eating cookies and drinks after the program. Brooke was in the bathroom.
Joshua was the highlight of the night. He was so funny! I was laughing so hard I was crying. He had the greatest facial expressions, dancing around, and singing what he knew as loud as he could. He totally made going to listen to a bunch of preschoolers who don't know the words to sing, worthwhile. It was hilarious! Of course my video will not upload so I can't share it.
The next day they had a Happy Birthday Jesus party. (she goes to a baptist preschool) I volunteered that day and got to blow up all the balloons. Then we did a bunch of craft activities. my table was a sugar cone upside down that they frosted with green frosting and put candy on for ornaments. Then they had a feast of a lunch and played with the balloons some more.
No comments:
Post a Comment