Thursday, August 19, 2010

Part 5- Glacier Point

We ate alot of sugar on this trip and Carter loved it all. Here he is double fisted with a sucker and rice kripsy treat covered in chocolate. This is how the treat looked when we gave it to him.
A couple of minutes later this is what they looked like....Don't worry I didn't let him eat it like that. I washed it off and gave it back to him, Hey we are camping!!
Our last drive/walk was to Glacier point. I forgot to mention earlier that a large number from our group hiked half dome. Me with three kids was not one of them but I have hiked it twice already. I believe a record was set by my 16 year old nephew Derek. He hiked to the top of Half Dome and back with 5 lb ankle weights on each ankle in 4 1/5 hours!! MaryKay, correct me if that is wrong. I tend to be really bad with remembering #'s but either way it was crazy fast. To be a teenager again!! Actually I have never been in that kind of shape ever!!
Anyway, we went to Glacier Point so we could show some of them exactly what they hiked and to show the rest of us the view that they saw. Isn't it amazing!

Half dome in the back
Nathan practicing his backflips. MaryKay was taking pictures from the other direction trying to make it look like he was backflipping over Half Dome.

My family
The bus ride back to camp to was long. Carter was tired and grumpy. So I was letting him hang onto the bars in the bus. Boy did that cheer him up, plus it entertained the rest of us. After awhile Nathan took over for me. This kid has a good grip even when he is laughing!
Nathan giving Brooke a ride. Thanks Nathan for helping keep my kids happy. I have a picture of you playing with each of my kids individually. You are awesome!!
And that folks was the end. We had the car all loaded that morning since we had to be out of the tents so when we got back from Glacier Point we pretty much went home from there. I just realized that we spent some time at the Curry Village swimming pool one day, too. I guess I never took a picture of that activity. Oh well, can't get it all I guess!
It was a great vacation and always so good to spend time with family that we don't get to see often. There were so many that spent hours and hours on the road to be with us and I appreciate them doing so!

No comments: