Thursday, August 19, 2010

Doran Beach Camping

The Pursell's went camping for a week at Doran Beach and invited us to come along. Unfortunately with our busy summer schedule and swim lessons we were only able to go the very last night. Gary couldn't come because he had to work so I loaded everything by myself and took all three kids on a little road trip. It was a little cold but we had a great time. The campsite was nice with bathrooms and showers and it was right across the street from the beach. I would defenitely go back to camp here again.
As you can see by all the sweatshirts (except Eden!), no one went in the water but we still had a good time playing in the sand.
Ashley & Carter--Best Buds
Around the campfire
Eden Rorie Ashley Brooke & Carter
I was thinking I was silly for packing the coats but I am so glad I did for the evening time.
Carter in the tree--Love this picture!
Instead of setting up the tent I thought we might all fit in the car. I have the seats that fold into the floor of the car. So I took out all the car seats and laid everything down and me and the kids climbed in to see if we would fit comfortably. Turns out we did so I laid out all the blankets and we slept in the van. It was great because we did not have to worry about the wind and it was alot warmer. Plus I didn't have to set up a tent!
Brooke all cozy
Carter all cozy. He slept half the night at my feet and at some point we shifted and he was up at my head. I think he felt more secure being able to see me.
Ashley all cozy
The next morning we pretty much ate breakfast and packed up. The kids had a great time playing in the trees.
Brooke
I had parked behind Shea's truck so in the morning Jennifer moved my car for me so he could get the truck out. Couple of hours later I get in to leave and the car will not start. Thankfully, Shea & Jennifer are so thoughtful that they did not drive off when they were ready but waited for me. And I am soooo glad they did! I called out to Shea saying the car is just clicking but not starting. I was embarrassed to say anything because I was sure it was going to be some little stupid thing that he would easily fix and I would be an idiot girl. But for no reason at all that we can think of the battery was defenitely dead. So weird since Jennifer had started just a short time before that. Anway, Shea jumped the car and we were on our way. I am so thankful to have such wonderful friends who invite us on their camping trips and then take care of us while we are there!! They even called and checked on me twice during the drive home to make sure we were good. You guys are awesome, thank you so much for the fun time and the help!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Too fun and very brave of you to go without the hubby! It looks like everyone had a blast. I love that you were able to sleep in your car. So nice to not have to worry about a tent or the clean up of it!