Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Galt Strawberry Festival

We have a had a very fun filled spoiled couple of weeks.
Here we start at the Galt Strawberry Fesitval. It was fun just to take the kids somewhere but I highly doubt we will ever go back! There was a $5 charge (thank goodness my kids were still free!) and it was the tiniest event ever! When I think of "Strawberry Festival" I am thinking everything you can think of strawberry. Every kind of food you can make with strawberries and any other kind of junk you can print strawberries on. That was not the case here! It was just a mini carnival with very expensive tickets! And alot of cool cars and motorcycles. There was one booth that had shakes, smoothies, angel food cake and a couple of other random food items. One booth selling flats of strawberries and one booth selling dipped strawberries at $1 each or a kabob of strawberries lightly drizzled with chocolate. That was literally it for strawberries. Sadly the only thing to do was by ride tickets. So we let them go on a few then bought a smoothie and bailed.
The favorite rides were not really rides but obstacle courses.
I had to post this picutre becasue the attendant tried to help Hailey through the moving tunnel and they both fell and just kept spinning with them trying to get back up. I ran up and pushed the emergency off to stop the spinning. Maybe I am mean but I thought it was funny.
Liz's Hailey got caught on the 2nd story and was scared to cross a moving floor. So Liz had to go in after her. The best was seeing her come down the slide with both kids in her lap. She looked scared herself! Her she is with her kids getting ready to run through the same moving tunnel after the attendant had fallen. When she got out she said "That was really hard in there!" Thanks for the laughs Liz!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I thought it was fun to watch the lady slide up the wall and slide back down. I was sad that you went and pressed the button. It was fun to watch.