Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Girl Scout Camp Out

Ashley & I hosted our girl scout troop camp out in our backyard this year. Half our troop couldn't spend the night but most of them made it for evenings activities which was alot of fun. They started by making their own pizzas and then made crafts while the pizza cooked. Then they played several games including leading each other blind folded through the playground and trees. Then we started a campfire and made smores and sang songs and told stories until it was time for people to leave. The rest of us stayed up for a little longer before we headed into our giant tent where all 9 of us stayed together. In the morning we had pancakes and bacon and packed up. I spent alot of time in the kitchen baking the pizzas so I didn't get many pictures.
Ashley making a Mandala or God's eye
Getting a hula hoop around the whole circle while holding hands game.

Campfire and Smores
Mom & Ashley in tent
Mom & Brooke in tent. She is not in girl scouts of course but there is no way she was going to sleep in her bed inside when we were outside in the tent!
Jennifer & Hailey
Brooke being silly
Ashley looking cute
We had two other moms and their daughters. We all fit very nicely in the one tent and I think everyone slept fairly decent, too. The girls loved it and Ashley is very excited to do it again for her birthday this year.

No comments: