OK, so I wasn't thinking. I went to the feed store to buy more food for our 4 chickens. The babies are so cute I just had to buy 4 more. Once you have 4 what is another 4 really? As I was paying there was a lady there buying food for her chickens. She was trying to find a home for them because she lives in the city and her neighbors turned her in. I was suckered in because they already lay eggs and I thought how cool is that!! Once you have 8 chickens, what's 4 more? So I now have 12 chickens!! The worst part of it is that there are 3 age groups and you can't put them together until they can defend themselves against the biggest ones. Gary was a good man and held his tongue, but I know what he was thinking when I got home!
The new babies
Chocolate, Flash, Honey & Dinner
Cleaning "poopy butt". I can get Ashley to do anything if I give her latex gloves to wear! She is a very responsible pet owner. I am very proud of her.

These chickens already had names from the previous owners.
Trouble, Feathers, Runt & Fluffy
Brooke's favorite ironically is Trouble. Very appropriate for her. As I was taking the picture the chicken pecked Brooke's earring right off her ear and Brooke still loves this one the best. Ashley tried to convince her to choose a new favorite after that but Brooke would not have it.
I am so behind on my blogging that since adding 8 chickens to our flock we have now combined them all. But they all stay in their groups of 4. Whether they are wandering the yard or sleeping in the coop they are always in their seperate groups. Gary says we have 3 clicks of clucks. ha ha
These chickens already had names from the previous owners.
Trouble, Feathers, Runt & Fluffy
No comments:
Post a Comment