Friday, November 13, 2009

Ahhh, Vacations!

Gary and I with two other couples (my brother Shane and his wife Marlo and friends Jennifer & Jayme Pechan) went on a cruise to Ensenada and Cabo San Lucas. We left at 5AM and drove to San Diego, loaded the ship and were off for 5 days. It was so nice to just get away. The stops are not the Caribbean but it was't about where we were going it was just about going. And since I am not good at remembering my camera in general why would I when I am on vacation? So these are literally all the pictures I took. And the last one at dinner I got from Marlo!
If you have been to Ensenada you know there is absolutely nothing to do their but buy all the junk they are selling tourists on the street. So Gary and I are walking along the one main street they have and guess who we run into? HIS SISTER! I guess Gary knew she was going on a cruise but he didn't think it was until the next week. We ended up hanging out with her the rest of the day which totally made Ensenada enjoyable. We could not have even planned better to meet if we knew. Wish I had my camera!
Next stop was Cabo San Lucas. We went diving which actually turned out really good. We had low expectations since we were told visibility is usually low and there isn't much to see. But visibility ended up being really good and we saw quite a bit considering we didn't think we were going to see anything. We saw at least 8 eels which I think is totally cool. Trumpet Fish, Puffer Fish, a seal and several other stuff but I don't know what they are called. They took pictures of us that they were supposed to email but we still have not seen them. Probably never will.
Most exciting for me during the dive is that I swam into a small family of teeny tiny invisible jellyfish and got stung all over my body. I itched the entire dive and had small welt marks on both arms and a leg. As soon as I got out of the water the stinging went away and by the end of the night the marks were gone. But it is still a fun story to tell.
I am a Van Halen fan so we had to go to the Cabo Wabo which is owned by Sammy Hagar--lead singer.
Here we are on the tender boat going from ship to land.
All 6 of us after dinner
Me & Gary at dinner
Sadly it ended and reality sunk in the very second I walked in the door and had to do bedtime with the kids. It's almost like it was a dream and never happened. But it did of course and I am so thankful for my husband who planned it and made it a priority for us to have some time together. Even though I cried every time I talked to the kids or looked at Carter's picture on my phone! I love you, honey...Thank you!
(and thank you mom for watching my kids and the chickens!)

No comments: