Eight years ago today my dad died. One of my favorite memories of living with my dad after I moved to California is him and Oreo cookies. Before bed he would eat a handful of Oreos ( how ever many fit in that huge palm of his) and a glass of milk.
There was also a time on a family reunion when we were all playing cards around the table. My brother Stewart would put an oreo in front of him with out dad noticing and my dad would continue to eat each one. He finally picked up on the joke, that we all had caught on to but him, and we all laughed so hard. You didn't get a real belly laugh from my dad that often, but we sure did that night. What a great memory.
I don't like visiting the cemetary just to make myself sad that I miss him. So I made a tradition that for his birthday and Father's day I would go to the cemetary and eat Oreos with milk at his headstone. Several other family members have joined me in this and we laugh and remember him with happiness.
Tonight, we had oreos and milk before bedtime. Here's to Oreos and my dad(clinking milk glasses should be heard). I love you and I miss you!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment