Monday, September 15, 2008

Brooke's Owie

On Saturday, Stewart and Kendra had a big End of Summer BBQ with all of our old Elk Grove Ward friends. It was alot of fun seeing everyone again and visiting. Brooke had the most excitement. She was being pushed on the swing by a friend and while in flight leaned forward and fell out onto her face. The pictures do not show how bad it really looked. She took a pretty good bite inside her cheek and there was a ton of blood. She was such a good sport. Once I got the blood cleaned out of her mouth she was off having a great time as if nothing happened. She has never complained about it and is plenty happy to have medicine applied often to try and avoid scarring. She is taking a nap right now or I would take an updated picture because the scabbing is already starting and I think it looks worse then the initial damage!



3 comments:

Rich and Mel said...

Ouch! Good thing kids are so resilient. I would whine about it for days. I have seen your Mom. Funny enough, your Aunt lives around the block from me. We've been walking in their little neighborhood a time or two. Small world, esp. in Logan. So glad you found us!

Carter Family said...

Wow!!! Impressive Brooke! You are such a trooper! Still cute, even with a big owie! :)

Christy said...

Wow, I think it looks even worse then the night of. Poor thing. She is such a trooper.