Sadly we did not make it camping even once this year. I don't know what happened. We talked about it alot but never followed through. So we decided last minute that we were going to go. Gary looked up some areas and when I saw the expected tempatures, I said no way! Camping is not fun when you are cold. So I said we should just do it in our backyard. Even though I know it was torture for Gary to have his bed twenty feet away, he was a good sport and supported the idea. We had our friends the Pechan's join us which made it more fun for all of us. Gary went to work making a fire pit for us out of a big barrell he scrownged during neighborhood pick up. It worked perfect. We cooked hotdogs for dinner and smores for dessert. The kids had a great time playing in the dark in their pj's. Brooke loved the tent so much (plus she didn't get a nap that day) that when I put her to bed about 9:00 she stayed in there even with the rest of the kids still awake and making noise. She never got out. We don't even have that luck in the house. She is constantly getting out of the crib!! It was such a fun night. I think I enjoyed myself as much as the kids. I really enjoy sitting around the campfire and the weather was really nice. And yes, even at 7 months pregnant, I slept in the tent, too!







Jackson showed up at 10:00 after his cousins birthday party to join in the fun.
Of course we were still awake and playing. It was a late night and an early morning but we would defenitley do it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment