Day 6 it was just the two of us going scuba diving for Gary's birthday. We have dived with Papa Hog's every time we have been in Cozumel.
Driving out to our dive spot we see our honeymoon destination across the way, "The Allegro"
Between dives the boat dropped us off to detox for awhile. I was entertained by a singing and dancing parrot.
Gary says I have my dives mixed up of what I saw where-hondorus & cozumel.
So I don't remember what I saw where. but I do remember that our first dive in Cozumel was one of my worst ever and I almost did not go on the second dive because I was so panicked. because the current is so strong in Cozumel you drop down and just float along with the water and the boat watches your bubbles and follows you along. I have dove in Cozumel before but the current was so strong this time and I wasn't weighted correctly so I kept floating to the top and couldn't stay down. our dive master was horrible! Not once did he come after me to make sure I was ok. When we finished that dive and we told him how uncomfortable I was and needed more weight he just told me to "relax" and he didn't have any more weight to give me because he didn't bring any extra. That kind of attitude and concern was supposed to help me relax??? By the time we detoxed and got back on the boat to do the second dive I calmed down and decided to go for it. After all it was our honeymoon spot and Gary's birthday and I didn't want to ruin it. I was more comfortable with the current now that I knew what to expect and did alot better. Still not one of my favorite dives though.
That night at dinner we celebrated Gary's birthday.
Gary's sweet sister was the only one to give him gifts. Giant Mentos, cereal from the breakfast bar, mints from their own pillows and a slingshot. Thanks Jana & Brandon, you guys are great!
The evenings entertainment was provided by our very own Charlie Crosby singing Baby Got Back at the Karaoke Bar with all 4 girls as his dancers. Turns out that song is VERY long when you are on stage! But it was alot of fun and very entertaining. I have no pictures of this and don't know how to get the videos off Liz's blog onto mine. So sadly I have nothing to share with you from this hilarious moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment