Thursday, March 18, 2010

FINALLY-The teeth are out!

It has been at least 5 weeks since Ashley's tooth was loose. It has been driving me crazy that she won't let anyone pull it out since Valentine's when Supergran tried. We were doing bedtime routine the other night and Gary said "If you let mom pull your tooth out you don't have to practice your sight words." Well that was a good bride because she was willing to let me! I heard a little crack but I thought it was fingernail and she let me try again. I pulled it out but only the top half of it!! The bottom was still there. She wouldn't let me try again because she let me try and that was deal. At least it was a start!


The next night we are starting bedtime routine again and Ashley says to me "If I let you pull out my other tooth can I not do my sight words again?" I of course said yes!! She brought me kleenex and I pulled the second one right out. She was really excited this time. So I asked if I could pull the rest of the first tooth out. She was like NO WAY I already let you do what I said you could do. So then the bribing started. She got to have a treat and choose something from her shopping bag for free (a dollar store item). She was so excited to get a toy that she didn't have to buy with her own money she let me at the original tooth. I finally did get it but it came out in two more pieces! She of course has lost two of the three pieces already. I wanted to keep it since it was her first tooth and because it was so odd that it broke into pieces. Oh well, we will keep the second one in her book. The rest she loses will go in the garbage!
These pictures make her look kind of funny. But you can see a little in this picture that the new teeth are already growing in. That is how long the loose teeth have been hanging in there!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Yeah! We are still waiting on Ammon's, so I totally understand! Tell her congratulations!