Friday, July 1, 2011

The Plays-Idaho-Part 3

We went to two of Anthony's plays.  He actually had three different ones going all in the same weekend we were there!  He was the lead in two of them so we decided those were the ones to see.  The first one was High School Musical and he as Troy.
Here is the crowd that went the first night.
Scott MaryKay Supergran Grandma Sampson
Brooke Radley Ashley & Paige
and of course me but I was taking the picture
Oh Gary was there for this one too.  Wonder where he was.
Before the performance started they did a couple of clips for the other upcoming shows.  I took a picture and also a video (at the end of this post) before they told us we are not supposed to.
This is a piece from Singing in the Rain.

They auctioned off "comfy front row chairs" which MaryKay bid on and so the grandma's and little kids enjoyed them. I think she paid $5 or $10 a pair.  The next show was opening night and the crowd was much bigger.  The seats went for $50 a pair!  We did not get them that night!

After the play the cast meets everyone outside.
 I see I cut off Radley.  I guess I didn't realize he was there!
Brooke "Troy" and Ashley

Anthony took us on a backstage tour and then the kids got to play on the stage for awhile.  The girl is one of the actesses that played the teacher.  She was trying to teach the kids a dance.

The second show was Singing in the Rain.  It was sooooo good!  Anthony did awesome.  The tapping was great and the "rain" was very cool.  I wish we had a clip of that scene.  He was soaken!
The rain scene and the tap scene was by far the best of the show.
MaryKay Anthony & Scott

Anthony Ashley & Me

Some of the cast and family

Here is the tapping clip.  I love how Anthony shows off his ab strength when they do the low leg kicks.  He waves his has around while the other guy is holding himself up with his hands!

Here is Brooke doing her own dance scene.

No comments: