Friday, July 1, 2011

Idaho in the Summer-Part 1

We always go to Gary's parents for Thanksgiving.  I love it there!  It is so beautiful but boy is it cold!  We have been talking about going in the Summer for awhile.  My in-laws live in a very small town in the mountains in the middle of no where basically.  They have to drive an hour to get to any real shopping.  Otherwise they have a little store comparible to the Dillard Store here in Wilton.  They also have an outdoor theater.  I have no idea how it survives out there but of all places this is where my nephew Anthony got a job for the Summer!  When I heard he was going to Northern Idaho I thought "maybe" then I thought, "really, what would the chances be?"  So I texted my sister-in-law and I asked her what the town was.  She told me and said she hadn't figured out where it was yet and I said I know exactly where it is!!
So this was the Summer we had to make it to Idaho so we could support Anthony at the same time.  What a treat!

Of course every trip to Gary's parents requires completing at least one project while we are there.  This time Gary & his dad made a new sign to go across the bridge.
Here they are after putting the first coat of paint on.  When they first welded it they put the "S's on backwards!  Grandpa had it right to begin with but Gary "fixed" it. Haha

 Sign Completed and Hung

 Carter Grandpa Evans Brooke & Ashley

 We took our little motorcycle out with us and Brooke especially had a good time riding the property.
We even took her on a real trail.  It was uphill and super bumpy.  Lots of wash outs.  She tried hard but it was alot for her first try and she kept getting high centered because of the training wheels.  She gave it a good go and actually made it quite a distance but finally gave up. 

So we put her on the 4 wheeler and went to balance rock.  This was only my second time really riding a 4-wheeler.  First time was at Thanksgiving in the snow!  It was a little stressful for me.  A couple of areas were a little off camber and right on the edge of a cliff.  It was not comfortable for me with my lack of experience and what made it worse is I had a kid with me.  It was more than just my life in danger!  Two spots I made Gary drive though for me.  But on the way back I powered through and did it all by myself.  I even went again the next day with my brother Scott and his family and I did it both ways by myself!  I was very proud of myself.

When we got back to where we ditched Brooke's bike we put her back on.  It was down hill this time and she flew!  The bike was all over the place boucing like crazy.  I thought she would have been so scared but she would some how gain some type of control and keep going.  It was amazing to watch.  I don't know how she stayed upright!  I had my video camera attached to my 4 wheeler and have it on video, but you can't get the real idea of what she was doing since my ride was super bouncy, too.
She did a great job! 

 Going on a little hay ride
Radley Ashley Paige Carter & Brooke

 Carter stayed with grandma & grandpa the nights we went to Anthony's plays.
The plays didn't even start until 8pm so this way he was able to go to bed and we could enjoy the show.

 Ashley blowing air into her mattress.

 Brooke Paige and Ashley all bundled up for the night.

 Jordan & Carter--Buddies

 Dad & Brooke

 Coloring with grandma

 Anthony had a very hectic schedule so we actually didn't get to see much of him while we were there.  But he came to church with us and came over after for dinner.
Ashley Carter & Brooke on top of Anthony

 The big boys went on a couple of motorcycle rides.  This is what they come home looking like.  At least Gary has a smile on his face!  Jordan was pretty whooped.  If you could judge the fun factor by the amount of dirt on their faces I would say they had a great time!

 Grandma Evans found a frog in her house and freaked out a little.  It was humorous.  I have never seen her really react to anything like that.  So we sent Brooke in to get it.  As soon as she stepped outside grandma shut and locked the door just in case Brooke decided to bring it back in.  Too funny!

 Picutre with Autn Jana & Uncle Brandon before they left.

 Since we are always here in the Winter it was a nice change to put on swimsuits instead of snow gear!
They have a creek on the property that we really wanted to play in but the water was very high this year and moving pretty fast.  So we decided not to go.  Sprinklers were our back up.

No comments: