My friend Colleen's husband died a few years ago leaving her and their 6 children. Colleen had mentioned to me about using his shirts and pants and making them into quilts. So a year or more ago we got together and started cutting the material. It got a little complicated since we didn't know what we were doing and the project fizzled. Well Colleen is getting remarried and moving to Utah! I thought I really need to get this project done for her before she leaves! So I went on a mad rush to start working on them again. So I finally got everything cut out and laid out all the pieces on the floor designing each quilt so they had all the different clothes in them but not making them the same either. Here are 7 quilts all laid out on my front room floor!
But I have a few more weeks before Colleen moves so hopefully we can find a time that someone can come help me learn to use this machine and get the project done!
It has been a fun project that I am honored to be able to do. I think the kids will love having a little piece of their dad with them every night. More pics when I am done!
No comments:
Post a Comment