Saturday, April 17, 2010

My good little Ashley

Ashley has said several cute things recently and makes me realize how in tune they are and that they really do listen.
1) One morning she comes in my bedroom and we are just visiting. Then she randomly says "Do you miss your dad?" I said "yes" and she asked "Does he talk to you like Jesus does?" I explained how he doesn't talk but that I can feel him with me just like we can feel Jesus with us.
Then that night after we said our bedtime prayers Ashley says "I felt some wind around me, was that the Spirit?" Love it!
2) My mom was watching Dancing with the Stars with my kids the other day and Ashley says that the costumes the girls were wearing are inappropriate. She says "We are not suppose to dress that way and we should listen to the prophet." Please remember that when you are older!
3) If you ever doubt that your prayers are being heard and answered, talk to my mom. Every one of her prayers gets answered. The other day we were outside. I was in the garden and the kids were playing. Brooke went inside. I thought Carter followed her. After a few minutes I decided to go check and see what disaster was happening inside. Carter was not there. I walked around the outside of the house and he was not there. I walked behind the shop and he was not there. I go back to the house and called to Ashley to help me find him. I was starting to worry but really where could he go out here? I went out to the street to see if he was taking a walk and as I was walking back Ashley comes running out of the house and says "Mom, I said a quick prayer and we are going to find him." She walks straight to the shop and opens the door. I thought there is no way he is in there because he can't open the door. Then I hear her yell, mom he is in here. I walk in and there he is with a screw "fixing" the girls bikes as happy as can be. I started to tear up (as I am again now!) and hugged Ashley thanking her for saying a prayer and finding Carter.
I am so thankful for my mother and her example of faith in the Lord and for openly sharing her stories with my children and showing that prayers do get answered.

2 comments:

The Hardles said...

Made me cry too! How sweet! What a good little girl :-)

Robert and Emily C. said...

Ashley IS such a sweet girl! I can't even tell you how wonderful she is in Primary class. She has the BEST answers and makes me sit there and think--Are you sure Ashley shouldn't be teaching? :) She is so smart and adorable!