Saturday, April 17, 2010

Visiting Arizona friends/family

We started our Arizona trip by staying our first night with an old college friend of Gary's. Dave, Carly, Addison & baby Ben. Lame me did not take a single picture so I stole a couple of their blog. Pictures are little old, Baby Ben is a few months old now. But I wanted to get him in here. They were so wonderful to wait up for us and visit late even though Dave was in charge of the baby that night and he had to work in the morning. It was also very nice of him to go into work late so he could visit with us a little longer. Thank goodness their kids are deep sleepers because my kids were wired after being stuck in a car for 12 hours!


The next day Addison was wonderful at accepting my kids as friends and showed us all her favorite things in her room. They had preschool at their house that day so we stayed to let the girls play...and have a 4th egg hunt! Thank you so much for letting us crash your house and hang out until the wedding!

Dave Carly & Addison


Dave Addison & Ben


We ended the trip in Phoenix visiting my step sister Kim and her family. I had lost my camera so I didn't get to take any picutres.


Rick & Kim had taken a motorcycle ride for their anniversary so were not home when we got there Friday night. But two of their sons, Logan & Zach welcomed us. We even woke up to bacon eggs and pancakes! What amazing guys!


When Kim & Rick got home we visited for awhile and then they let me borrow their camera so I could take picutres of the awesome plane ride Rick took us in!




Shannon & Ashley in the back seat


Rick & Gary in the front seats
Gary even got to fly! I know the picture is dark but his hands are on the handle.
Rick also had this old car in the hanger. I'm sure Gary would be sad that I don't know what it is but I don't. Ashley is sitting inside.
Brooke hanging out at the pool

Ashley listening to her music by the pool. If you ask Ashley what her favorite part of the Arizona trip is, it is the cave behind the swim pool and seeing a bat.
Late Saturday night we got a short visit from Rick & cute little prego Rachelle. They were going on a late night 4 wheeling ride with some friends. It was fun to see them, too. The next morning we got packed up and drove 14 hours home. It is always good to see your own bed again especially after a long drive. The kids were great in the car. I guess it helps that we travel fairly often and they know the routine. Eat, watch movies, color, read books start over again.......=)

No comments: