Friday, December 11, 2009

Thanksgiving at Grandma & Grandpa Evans

We headed to Idaho a week before Thanksgiving because that was the best time for all of Gary's family to get together. I couldn't find my camera for most of the trip which was annoying but I still got a few to share. There are more from other peoples cameras that I hope to get copies of. So hopefully I can add to this post later with pictures of everyone.
Dad Ashley Cousin Paige and Aunt Jana feeding the Elk.
Brooke, my brave child, hand feeding June. (Elk #4)
Brooke & Grandma snuggled with the babies.
Brooke & Grandpa doing puzzles together.

We packed all our snow gear and when we got to Idaho it was completely clear. But Idaho never disappoints and it dumped about 8-10 inches on Sunday. This of course was a day I could not find my camera so I do not have any pictures of them playing in the snow.
Their favorite thing to do is eat the snow and when they were too cold to eat it outside they just brought it inside.
The kids on the 4-wheeler waiting to go feed the elk.
Carter & Mom
Carter was not happy in his snow clothes. We could not get him to smile for anything. He wouldn't move either. You could just see him move his eyes from side to side but nothing else. It was pretty funny. The sad part of the story is when we first got him all dressed. As you can tell he should be on "A Christmas Story" and then I put a pair of boots on him. Well, he still does not wear real shoes so combine that with not being able to move with his big coat he fell flat on his face..literally. Bloody nose, bloody mouth. Poor baby. Maybe that is why he wasn't smiling for any of the pictures!
Ashley & Carter
Dad completely covered Carter in hay when he was tossing it over the fence. This of course made him extra unhappy. It was down his shirt even with the hat and coat covering him!
Brooke making a snow angel.
Sleeping at Cousin Paige's.
Small family picture after church.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Looks like a super fun trip. I love the picture of you and Cater-even though he's not smiling you look great!