Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sledding/Tubing/4 Wheeling-Last Thanksgiving Post

We did lots of sledding, tubing and 4-Wheeling.

The kids were great sports. I was surprised how often we bundled up. It is so much work to get everything on and it was still so cold. But I guess they knew this was their only chance and they took advantage of it. Ashley was the most gung ho. Brooke puttered out the last day or two and didn't last as long at each actvity but did great. Nobody ever complained. They just said when they were done and went inside. I was so proud of them. Carter loved it...as long as his gloves stayed on. He hated his hands getting wet. But other than that he was out there with us everytime.

The only point where it got too cold was on a 4 wheel drive. I had Brooke on mine and Gary had Ashley & Carter on the other. We went way back in the trees. About 3/4 way around it went downhill fairly steep and I was too scared to do it. This was really the first time I was a driver and was not comfortable doing it with kids with me. If I didn't stay upright, it would not take us to a nice place. So I whimped out and made everyone turn around and go back the long way. By the time we got back everyone was frozen! Sorry family~ I didn't any pictures of the trip because my camera was too frozen to work! The lense wouldn't open. I was so sad that I actually prepared and remembered to bring it and still couldn't get a picture!


Dad & Carter

Ashley playing in the trees




Gary resting on the 4 Wheeler

Carter throwing snow at Gary


Brooke looking very wet and cold, but happy!

Carter frosted after being towed behind the 4 wheeler.

Carter Brooke Gary on 4 wheeler

Ashley being towed behind 4 wheeler. It was so cold and the snow would blow in your face so they would pull their hats over their face and look through the holes. It worked!

Ashley after her ride.

Brooke being towed

Ashley getting ready to sled.

Ashley sledding

Shannon sledding

Brooke sledding

Carter Gary & Brooke on 4 wheeler Ashley being towed.

This is Ashley sledding and ended up going straight under a tree and disappearing. That is where the pictures with her behind the tree branches came from.


I don't have pictures of Carter being towed behind the 4 Wheeler because I took video of the whole thing and forgot. By the time the ride was over her was completely folded in half and stuck through the hole of the tube. He was enjoying it until then. Poor guy.


No comments: