Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Natural Hot Springs Swimming

There was a hot springs not too far from where I lived in Logan, UT that we would go to alot in the winter. We would roll around in the snow and then jump back in the water to have it instantly melt and warm you back up again. We would break icicles off and shoot them through the water. This was a little dangerous becasue you couldn't see the icicle in the water and it melted into a sharp point as it propelled though the water. Anyway, this brought back alot of memories from when I was little.

I know it is hard to see because of the glare but it says 10 degrees! This is the tempature it was when we decided to go swimming in an outdoor natural hot springs in Idaho.


The Girls

Kristen, Brooke, Paige, Jordan's girlfriend, and Ashley

The Boys
Gerald Gary Braden Jordan and Carter


Carter loved is cousin Jordan.

I know it looks like they are naked but they do have swim trunks on!

Group Photo

Braden Jordan Gerald Gary Carter Kristen Paige Ashley and Shannon & Brooke in back
It was so cold that the boys hair was freezing solid! I was sure we were not going to get Carter to swim. When I first tried to take his clothes off in the dressing room he would not have it. I went out to Gary who was already in the water to ask what I should do because it was more cold to sit out and wait than it was to go in the water. But when Carter saw Gary he almost dove out of my arms to get in with him. So I stripped him down right at the edge of the pool and threw him in as fast as I could. He loved it!! He was never happier all summer long in the warm weather as he was this freezing cold night. The girls were funny, too. They loved getting out and running around watching the steam rise off them, get a cold and jump right back in to warm up. It was alot of fun and I am sure the kids will ask to do it again next year.


Jordan started the dare to go lay in the snow and then jump back in the water. Ashley wanted to be just like the boys and attempted it herself. She didn't quite follow all the way through but then again the boys didn't do much more than she did. Here is her video.




No comments: