Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ashley can ride her bike!!

It took us a long time but she finally did it!

We have been trying off and on for the last year to get Ashley to ride her bike without training wheels. She loves to ride her bike and Gary takes her on rides down to the canal all the time. We kept telling her how much faster and more fun it would be without training wheels, but in Ashley fashion, was way to terrified to try anything new. She would just drop her head and say I can't do it or it's too hard. The last week of April Gary took the wheels off and put all her crash gear on but she still wasn't having it. The next day I was mowing the lawn and she was out there all on her own trying it. I left her alone for awhile and then eventually went and asked if I could help. We started by just riding into the grass because she could crash and not get hurt. That was all it took. She just kept going from there. By the end of the night she could start and stop on her own and by the next day could turn with ease. Now she is unstoppable. She loves to ride and she loves to go fast.

Here is a video of the first day. The crash into the shop sounds bad but she was pretty much stopped before she got there and was not hurt at all.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love your laugh after she crashes! Funny! Way to go Ashley!