I had a wonderful Mother's Day Week. Ashley was so excited because of projects they were doing at school that everday she would ask how much longer until Mother's Day. And everyday she made me a new card and did something for me. She would clean up different rooms. She organized shoes at the door. One day she even washed the counters and swept the floor! When I asked her to do things she never argued and did them right when I asked. It was fabulous! And because she was so excited she got Brooke into it, too. They got Gary to take them to the Dollar Store so the could buy me a gift. Now I have little treasures that I can put out every May with my decorations.
My wonderful husband spoiled me as well! He washed my car and cleaned the master bathroom sinks tub toilet and shower window that was so grossly moldy. It was amazing!
Then if that wasn't enough I got to hang out with my own mom all day. Gary had the kids all day (Now I know he can do it!) while I went with my mom and sister-in-law Denise to brunch at Paesanos, which was delicous and then to see the Celtic Women concert. I knew I was going to like it but it was even better than I was expecting. By the end my mom and Denise were bouncing in their chairs. Yes they were having a good time but more than that they needed the bathroom! It was hilarious because there were like 5 encore songs. I couldn't stop laughing at Denise because you could see her planning her escape route and the panic in her eyes everytime a new song started. It was a good time.
We couldn't take pictures of course but here we are at intermission.
I don't know who this guy was or why he was there but he was dressed up and my mom had a good conversation with him so I took their picture.
And a tribute to my mother in law as well. She is so positive and uplifting. In the short times that we get to spend together she spoils me and the kids. She gives compliment after compliment. She tells me over and over again what a good mom I am and what a good wife I am to her boy and how lucky he is to have me. She talks about how good and cute my kids are. How beautiful my home is and how hard I work. By the time our visit is over I feel so good about myself and I am so thankful to her for that. Whether it is true or not, I don't care. She makes me feel good and that is what matters! Thank you Eileen!
Happy Mother's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment