I can't even express my feelings about the following pictures. I was in my office printing preschool activities to do with Brooke while Ashley was in school. So here I am doing something fun for Brooke. I walk into the front room and call to her "Brooke come play with me. I have glue and scissors and crayons" Then I hear the garbage lid close in my bathroom. I thought "Why is she in my bathroom?" She skipped out as proud and happy as could be looking like this.......

I yelled WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR HAIR?!?! I threw here in time out and went straight outside to try to get control of myself, but I couldn't. I just started to cry. And I cried and cried and cried. I probably cried more than she did. She cut the hair on the entire top of her head and by both ears. FYI: My scissors are put away. Several months ago I bought a lock for our medicine drawer that also has the hair scissors in it. I knew this would be in my future with Brooke if I didn't try to prevent it. Well the lock I bought did not work and I never bought a different kind. So what I knew was bound to happen, did. She still had to climb and reach a distance without a drawer slamming closed on her to get to them. But she obviously had a premeditated plan and succeeded. I am so mad at myself!
Top

Right Side

Left Sdie

I couldn't bring myself to pay someone to fix something that could not be fixed. So I did what I could myself. Since she didn't reach the back it still looks ok. But I had to cut it short to go with the sides she had cut by her ears.
AFTER

She doesn't look remorseful at all, does she?

Please meet our new son Brock. Gary said he always wanted two boys!! And since hair does not grow fast in our family (it took 2 1/2 years to get what she had) it is going to take awhile for the top to catch up with the back again. I am so sad.
7 comments:
I'm so sorry! I very vividly remember cutting Nathan's hair because he was jumping on the bed (I was probably 6 or 7)but I can see a little girl's hair being MUCH more traumatic :(
I am crying with you! Just so you know the 3 times Megan has cut her hair... I have screamed and yelled at myself... mad and crying... alot more then Megan ever cried about it. She definately did a doozy, too! I'm feeling your pain!
Wow! I would have cried as well. I guess I should start locking up the scissors.
I'm going to lock up those scissors now! :)
Hair Prittys always fix hair mishaps!!!;)
Oh, I am so sorry. I have been there. You did a good job on the bob though and that looks cute. I hope the rest goes out quicker then it did the first time! Think of it as memories to share later.
I cried for you too...that is my worst nightmare, I'm so, so sorry. I totally get slow-growing hair too-mine takes forever! I wish you the best. The "Brock" comment did make me laugh!
Post a Comment