Tuesday, July 21, 2009

BUSY BUSY BUSY!!!

Once again I am a month behind on my blogging but I have good reason to be. It has been a VERY busy month for us. The last couple of weeks in June we just played. Went to the movies, water park, library, and our own blow up waterslide in the backyard, etc etc.. And then July came and it got really busy. We had our 3rd annual 4th of July party. It was a big hit with about 50 people this year. We had my family reunion that I pretty much headed and it was great fun!! We had Ashley's 5th birthday and next week we are going camping before school starts.
We also hit several milestones in our home the last few weeks. Carter now pulls himself to standing in his crib, along the couch, pretty much anywhere he can get a grip and pull. He is very proud of himself. He also is crawling!! This has been fabulous. I know alot of parents think they get too busy and into stuff when they start to crawl but I love it. They entertain themselves so much better and can come find you when they want to. And he got his 1st tooth!! It was a miserable couple of days so it is a good thing he has something to show for it!
And another big milestone is Brooke using the toilet....again!! She pretty much potty trained her self in October. Then after Carter was born she started to regress. Eventually she quit all together. It was very sad. The first week of July we ran out of diapers and I told her I wasn't buying anymore and she has to start wearing panties again. The timing was horrible as July was when we went nonstop. But she has done great. She even sleeps in panties!!
Anyway here are a couple of random pics and then I will post more with details of all our happenings.


Carter standing in Crib


OUCH!!




Always have to have a bath in the sink picture!


I also planted a big garden his year. I have taken several pictures but they are outdated. I thought when I took them my garden was prodcutive but it is amazing now...by my standards. I really have no clue what I am doing. I just planted seeds and what grows grows. It has been so much fun. The girls love it and even Gary checks it out almost daily. We have zucchini GALORE, strawberries, peas, green beans, 3 kinds of cucumbers, melons, and tomatoes. That is just what we have eaten so far. Growing we have corn, artichokes, 3 kinds of peppers, pumpkins, watermelons, cantelope, carrots, onions. Whew!! I think that is it. Oh and a Sunflower Room. The stalks are huge already but no sunflowers yet. I am not sure when they bloom. But it will be a fun hide out room for the girls to play.

No comments: