I just have to brag what a wonderful family I have. It is such a blessing to have the love and support of such a big group. Gary's parents, Gerald & Kristen (brother) drove from Idaho to come to Carter's blessing. His sister Jana flew in from Idaho as well. She is a busy girl and had set up a couple of dates with guys while she was here so we didn't see much of her but still appreciate her being here to support us!
My brother Scott, MaryKay, McKayla and Radley drove from Las Vegas to support us as well. If that is not a long enough drive, they had just driven to Mexico and back the weekend before! That is alot of hours in a car and I cannot say how guilty I felt and how much I appreciated it. What troopers!
The best part of the weekend was of course the blessing itself. ALL 5 of my brothers, Gary's brother and dad and a few long time friends holding the priesthood, stood in a circle around my precious new baby. Gary gave the most fantastic blessing ever. Many many people told me how wonderful they thought it was and how strong the spirit was felt during the prayer. I cannot express even through my current tears as I write this, how special it is to have such a wonderful family full of strong worthy priesthood holding men. I am so thankful for my husband and for being in tune with the spirit he felt and for the things that he blessed upon our baby. I don't know what I did to deserve such a wonderful person in my life. I love him and my family very very much!
Not that it is a surprise but I failed on getting any pictures of Carter in his blessing tuxedo. As soon as we got home I fed him and he exploded! My intention was to wash the clothes and put them back on but with 45+ people at my house for lunch it never happened and so, neither did the pictures.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You deserve this Shannon... I got tears just reading your note! :) Congrats on your beautiful growing family! :) The priesthood is amazingly wonderful!
Post a Comment