Friday, January 23, 2009

Brooke's encounter with a wall

Brooke and Ashley were upstairs with dad while he was watching TV. They were running back and forth having a great time until Brooke went full speed into the wall. I heard screaming and Gary brought her downstairs with a hand towel covering her face. There was so much blood coming from both her mouth and her nose I had no idea where to start. The whole side of her face and nose was huge! Gary was worried she broke her nose and I was worried she knocked a tooth out or killed the gums above the tooth. The swelling was bad. The pictures just do not show how bad this poor face looked. A couple of days later as the swelling was going down the bruises started showing. The picutre of that doesn't show much either. But everyone that saw her felt her pain just looking at her. She was tough though. Nothing her favorite blanket, pacifier and mom's love couldn't fix. Thankfully both her nose and her teeth are fin!

No comments: