Saturday, September 4, 2010

September

Apparently with school starting we have become boring. Nothing happened the whole month of September! Even with that Ashley still is exhausted. Full time school and waking up at 7:00 AM has been a big adjustment.
Herald, the town Ashley's school is in, has movie nights every once in awhile. So I decided to take the kids and we watched Over the Hedge outside in the park. Carter lasted most of the way but we had to call dad to bail him out and as soon as Brooke saw him she wanted to go home too. So Ashley and I hung out to the end together.
Here are the kids with their popcorn watching the show.
Ashley & Carter-Best Buds
One big thing that happened in September was the harvesting of our peach tree!. Our first fruit! It was so exciting the first day. Then after hours and hours day after day of peeling peaches it was not as fun anymore. This picture is after I already peeled a huge bowl and given some to the neighbor. To think next year will be even more. Plus, hopefully our other trees will start producing as well. It should be fun.
I have made a peach pie, peach cobbler and lots of peach shakes, Yummy!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Some months are more exciting than others but it looks like a good month. I know the tired from school thing. Pyper wants to go to bed around 7:30 most nights. Poor kid. I LOVE all the peaches. That is so exciting. I know you are probably sick of them but I think it is FANTASTIC!! Peach shakes sound yummy!