Friday, June 12, 2009

Elk Grove Young Women Sleep Over

This past weekend I turned my house over to the Elk Grove Young Women. They seemed to have a great time and Ashley thought she was one of them. They were all so sweet to her and let her do everything they were doing. Most of the group got here at 2:00 on Friday and they pretty much just ran round, jumped on the tramp, and visited. Come night time They had dinner and some discussion and then they started this huge Father's Day gift project. They had to make over 100 candy necklaces. (candy wrapped in celephane and tied with ribbons). There were girls in every room upstairs cutting ribbon and wrapping away. Ashley wanted to help so bad so I went up with her and helped her count candy and pass it out to the girls. We went to one room with all the supplies and I said to Ashley "OK, Ashley. Can you tell them how to make the necklaces?" Thinking I was just making her feel involved but boy was I suprised when she told the girls exactly what to do. I had no idea she was really paying attention to all the details they were doing. I was very impressed with my little girl.

Just one of the rooms the girls were in
Ashley in all the ribbon.
I have to point out Molly in the background just because she was trying to get out of the picture.
When they finished the project they did some lesson type thing outside in the dark and then came in for a movie. I should have taken a picture of that. I think I counted 26 people in our theater room.
I had asked the leaders if there were any young women looking to put in hours for their YW medalion because they could weed my garden if they wanted to. The next morning they woke up groups of girls started rotating taking turns at weeding. I wish I had taken a before picture because it was amazign what they accomplished. I was out there two hours and had at least 5 girls with me at all times and got it all done. Thank you girls!!!

It was a fun sleepover even for me. They fed me, entertained Ashley, Carter was held by one of the girls the whole time, they cleaned my upstairs before they left AND weeded my garden. I felt spoiled having 30 extra people at my house. Come back anytime girls!

1 comment:

Christy said...

We had so much fun that weekend. Thank you so much for hosting it. You were great and your house is awesome.