Thursday, October 23, 2008

Idaho here we come

We went to Idaho the second weekend in October for Gary's neice Paige's baptism and his nephew Jordan's Eagle Ceremony. I was really worried about the drive being pregnant big with major tailbone pain and the long drive for the girls. The drive there was great! Girls watched a couple of movies and slept the rest of the trip. Great reason to drive at night. The trip home not as smooth as we left first thing in the morning so neither of the girls slept at all the whole way home. That makes for a long drive! But overall it did go well.

I was a horrible picture taker all weekend. I always left the camera in the car or at home everytime I wanted it. So the two main reasons we went for I do not have a single picture of! I also never took a picture with grandpa. I just was not with it.

As if I am not lazy enough as it is, grandma spoiled us all weekend and I felt lazier than ever! It was a wonderful break to sit on the couch and not feel guilty that I should be cleaning toilets or doing my laundry! The girls had a great time playing with different toys, going on 4 wheel rides, hayrides, and feeding the elk.

We always love going to visit Gary's family. I wish we could do it more often.

Dad & Brooke feeding elk

Girls following dad to feed elk

Grandma and girls on hayride

snuggled in bed together


Aunt Jana, dad & girls on 4 wheeler.
They had to go down the hill to get the other 4 wheeler and then Jana took Brooke with her. She said that Brooke sang the whole time. Ashley who is usually always afraid must have remembered from last time that it was fun and had no problem at all this time. It is amazing to me how cold their hands were when they got back but neither of them complained one bit!

Gary's Family
Gary Greg Mom Dad Jana Gerald




1 comment:

Christy said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! How fun to be able to feed the animals and visit with family.